Freelance Drupal Developer
Giant Goat is on the hunt for a Freelancer seasoned in Drupal/PHP Development.
Giant Goat has built a small team of highly skilled individuals, so bring your A-game and be prepared to wear different hats. Every day brings exciting new challenges and we’re looking for people with the right skills to tackle them with us. Ideally, you are located in (or near) Guelph, Ontario so that you don’t miss out on our fun team events, but it is a remote position.
As an experienced developer you’ll work with the rest of the team to set priorities, architect our systems, and be the primary developer for a number of our projects. This is a great role for you to really have meaningful input on the success of major projects, while still getting your hands dirty with the day to day development!
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years of experience in web development
- Knowledge of MySQL, Apache or Nginx, Ansible, Docker, SOLR, and other technologies
- Management skills including scoping and familiarity with team-based development processes
- Comprehensive understanding of Drupal development technologies such as Composer, Drush, Configuration management and Views
- Experience developing code for Drupal 7 and higher: including custom themes and modules. Plus demonstrated involvement in the Drupal community (what modules, themes, issues, or core issues have you worked on?)
- Experience developing code for WordPress
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals such as design patterns and algorithms
- Proven experience in web development: PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience working with/building out APIs
- Proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform differentiation and Web standards including technical SEO and accessibility
- Knowledge of git and modern Drupal and WordPress development methodologies and best practices
Extra Points for:
- Proficiency in cross browser testing and development using all current browsers
- Basic linux command-line proficiency
- Knowledge of behavioural testing tools like Behat
- Knowledge of unit testing tools like PHPUnit
- Comfort working in Microsoft Teams and Workamajig platforms
- Remote within Ontario, Canada.
Apply directly to Colleen Robert via email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached. Preference will be given to those candidates who can show previous success via a portfolio or similar attachment.