Wednesday there’s the Guelph Web Maker Meetup but we’ll probably be too tired from Canada 3.0. Still it’s a good event from @seanyo
Thursday, there’s an all-star line up speaking at Guelph Technology Forum on Organizations and Initiatives in Tech at eBar 6-8pm with: Simon Clarke, Brydon Gillis, David Hayes, Lloyd Longfield, Rob McLean and Sean Yo.
Next Tuesday the 10th is Google I/O and this time it’s happening in Waterloo:
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Keynote, Google Engineer Speaker, Brunch
- 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm: Midday Breakout Sessions, Beverages & Bites
- 4:15 pm – 7:45 pm: Afternoon/Evening Breakout Sessions, Tours, Google Engineer Speakers
DemoCampHamilton2 will be taking place Friday May 27th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Mohawk College. There will be a keynote presentation by Mic Berman, acting COO at FreshBooks and Founder at Embarkonit, as well as demos by FluidMedia, Dan Zen, Indellient, Open Hamilton and MealDeck. The event is being sponsored by Innovation Factory, Mohawk College and iDeaWORKS.
DemoCampGuelph17 will be June 8th, all of us will be there. You should be too
It’s over a month away, but we’re getting excited for Ignite Waterloo 6, a series of 5 minutes talks with no chance of extra time — it’s an interesting format. Tickets aren’t on sale yet, we’ll tweet when they are.
We just registered for Canada 3.0 today, which is in June, but here’s a rundown of events closer to home:
- Some people here seem to have Innovation Guelph – Solar Cluster Information & Networking Eventon their calendars, so I expect we might be there tomorrow.
- The Tabletop Tradeshow at the Cutten Club on Wednesday April 6th from 4 to 7:30pm, will have someone from GiantGoat (I’m not sure who)
- Dave’s going to HackWaterloo to build something.
- We’ll be extending out presence in Hamilton by making Dave go to Hamilton innovation night @ McMaster Innovation Park on Wednesday the 13th at 7om
Oh and I almost forgot, pictures are up from this weekend’s resilience community festival put on by Transition Guelph
DemoCamp Toronto was fun as always, demos from Attachments.me (and I should mention that Jesse and Benjamin are both U of Guelph grads), Rocketr, Kipu, Trendspottr and (my personal favourite) TubeMote (Control the video playing on a specific URL). I can’t enter the Battle of The Apps (I graduated too long ago), but I’ll be watching the results. And a shout out goes to Bryan of WineAlign, who I promise I will get back to soon.
This week, I’ll be heading to the inaugural DemoCamp Hamilton on Wednesday evening, and during the day I’ll swing by Creative Thinking Hacks with Scott Berkun. I’m super excited about that, @berkun’s been in my RSS feed reader some time now and he’s a big booster of the movement to end boring presentations.
Thursday is TEDxWaterloo, I went last year but this year I may only make it to the after party.
Oh, and I want to leave on a selfish plug. Do you have a favourite looping GIF? try visiting http://www.lasernarwhal.com/bonus?[URL of GIF], examples include poodles and walking stick men.